Monday, July 19, 2010

Java Demon


Get this stinkin' monkey off my back!!!

For years I have been absolutely vocal about my hatred for coffee. Its bitter, its too hot, and too much caffeine isn't good for you and I've never liked the way it makes me feel, like the world speeds up in a way that I can't keep up with. I drive people nuts with complaining about the evils of coffee.

However, last week I woke up one morning and its all I could think about, all I wanted. My wife stopped asking me a couple years ago if I wanted any coffee in the morning because I always said no and made a comment about how she shouldn't be having any either.


When I asked her to make some (I don't know how to work that contraption, it makes a loud noise that scares me), she felt my head to see if I had a fever and I think she considered calling the doctor. But she figured I was okay and made the coffee. Every day from that point I have had a cup of coffee at breakfast and at dinner and most nights in the evening. I went from no coffee to 2-3 cups of coffee every day. What is wrong with me? What happened to my morals, to sticking my ground? What happened to my taste buds, because I used to hate this stuff with a passion?

I guess we all change over time. There are foods I used to hate that I love now, mushrooms being one of them, and coffee being the drink I loved to loathe but now I love to swallow. I could talk more on this subject, but the monkey on my back says, in graceful English accent, "time for more java old chap."

See you after the next cup!

BLT says.......soda's still bad, but coffee's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment