Saturday, September 4, 2010

Little Einstein


Parents love to tell you how awesome their kids are. His daughter might be the next Sara Hughes (olympic figure skater, I used her name because I here Michelle Kwan WAY too often). Her son could be the next Jim Carrey or Shia LeBeouf is you're of the younger generation.

Its funny the things we think we can compare our kids to, especially when they're really young. My son is very smart. He's mischievous, he knows how to play his parents, we can see him thinking. We told one of family members how smart we've seen him being and I remember this loved saying, "Wow, he could be the next Einstein."

I thought it neat someone thought so highly of my son's intelligence as to compare him to Professor Einstein. I would write more about this but, as I will write tomorrow, my kids are out to get me and I was up very late last night and I need to get some sleep for church tomorrow. So, I will keep this very short.

The comparison to Einstein made me laugh today as we were preparing my son for bed tonight. One of the aspects of his nightly routine is a good layer of lotion on his skin. I am not good at it and so my wife has taken that part of the night time procedure from me. But I was in the room tonight and saw, as my wife lotioned our son, that he was lifting up his leg towards his head.

At first I thought he was trying to aim his, ahem, "squirt gun" at his mommy, but I soon was proven wrong. He pulled his leg up towards his head and proceeded to lick the lotion off of his leg the way I lick baked beans and spaghetti sauce off of my plate (meaning leaving no traces of the food on my plate whatsoever), I have no shame. There are kids that eat lotion, other kids that eat food off the floor (that was me). But, my kid, he is a conosiuer of body lotion.

BLTsays.......maybe the Einstein comparisons were a bit too early. However, there is a picture of the professor sticking out his tongue, maybe he was trying to lick his leg too?

1 comment:

  1. Bob has tasted rat poison, gorilla glue, and icy hot--at least, that's all he's copped up to. Perhaps he shall rank up there with Einstein too?

    ReplyDelete