Monday, August 2, 2010

Little Man


My little man, I love the way
You always give me a special day.
We play, we laugh, we run and jump
We hug, we cry almost every other bump.
But today, today was something brand new
When you crawled in my lap saying "Dada I love you."
These words I tell you lots and lots
But I don't expect to hear it from my little tots.
Sometimes the words we say don't go past the ears
But those words went straight to my heart and brought the tears.
Don't worry, son, they were tears of joy
Because of you, my very special boy.
Through the years I promise you
I'll always love you, and be proud too
That God has given me this special treasure
To be your daddy, a joy without measure.
I want you to know I'm thankful for you
And every day that starts brand new
To share your life, proclaiming as much as I can
How much I love you, my precious little man.BLT says........sharing in another's life, that is the power of love, it has to rhyme, so I'll type in "dove."

No comments:

Post a Comment